Re: USB network devices

On 19 Nov 2002, John Bell wrote:

> The 2.4 kernel support several devices all of which are labeled
> experimental.  But alot of stuff in the kernel is labeled that way and
> works just fine, go figure.  The stock red hat kernel has all of them
> configured as modules.  To see the list, cd to /usr/src/linux* and do a
> make menuconfig.  Scroll down to and select usb support then scroll down
> to usb network adapters (almost at bottom of list).  You can highlight
> each one and select help for driver info and module name.

FWIW, Firewire devices seem to be working quite well also.

http://www.rimboy.com/firewire/

You might just google USB and linux and see what appears.  Likewise, I
think someone round these parts keeps up with the hardware compatibility
howto.  Dont recall if it covers USB, but it's a good starting point.

Sean...

--
Believing I had supernatural powers, I slammed into a brick wall.
	--Paul Simon