Re: Linking a directory

Thanks for the info.

my ln -ds /home/usrdir /usr/ftp/usrdir command worked fine.  I needed the
30second solution since I only had 15seconds to do it.

Steve:  I *knew* you would mention LVM and I wish I had time to impliment it.
You are right, it is the future answer for this problem.

Mike808:  cp /home/usrdir/* /usr/ftp/usrdir worked for all files with
extensions.  Pretty much all files in this directory are winders files
(.xls .txt .zip) and they are all there in the new directory.

The customer using this directory uses WS_FTP to send us the files and the
symlink works fine when logged in using ws_ftp.

I know, this is more of a "duct tape" solution than actually implimentating
something more conventional but to be honest, I really don't care about the
filesystem integrity of this server.  Management here has given me so
many "primary" tasks that when a network/server/computer problem arises, I
don't have time to do it right.  If I don't do it at all, they will just hire
a "consultant" that will only use a *longer* piece of duct tape.  When the duct
tape comes loose, I will only state that I didn't have time to weld it.

DUCT TAPE RULES!!!!!

Tighe:  No, you are not on crack today.  He did say ls -s instead of ln -s.  I
didn't see it until I typed it in a few times :P You got some I can bum off of
you?

Thanks,
Aaron Cronkright
aaron@cronkright.com