Re: Redhat Questions...

> Well, I"m wanting to play with exceed, and the copy I have is looking for
> telnet, or rsh, or a few others.  I'd rather use telnet than rsh, and it
> doesn't have support for ssh.  This is a temporary setup thing for me to
> play around with a piece of software...

Junk it. Turn in your recommendation to junk it - precisely due to it's lack of
support for applications with even minimal security.

Recommend instead Cygwin + Xfree86 - They're part of the regular Cygwin
setup/install package. It's painless, you get an X server, an SSH server,
an SSH client, and loads more. Even runs KDE - although I would NOT
recommend this - it's pretty slow, but it *does* run.

Best of all:
* Initial price for an unlimited site license is *exactly* $0.00.
* Per-seat licensing price is also *exactly* $0.00.
* Annual maintenance /upgrade fees are also ... *exactly* $0.00.

Install costs are the same - both Xceed and Cygwin have nice pretty clickey-
clickey installers so you won't have confused MCSEs calling for support with
either product. This is not your father's Cygwin.

As for support, I believe you can hire any number of local consultants to
provide in-house, on-call, or on-site support for Cygwin, or if you want to
send money out of the local economy, you can get a fancy invoice from Red Hat
with a fancy price to go with it too. Still cheaper or equivalent for the same
level of support from Hummingbird. Or call up your current IT consulting
vendors and ask for someone that can support your X/SSH/Cygwin. Then check for
the availability and price for someone with the same level specifically with
Hummingbird Xceed experience. One guess as to which one you'll be able to find
first.

Hint: It won't be Xceed.

Mike808/