Gnome2 desktop fonts

Following a boot-time panel crash and a battery applet segfault, my RHL8.0
Gnome2 desktop fonts are now approximately 1 pixel high & wide. (I've heard of
noseprint fonts, but this is ridiculous...) If I had not also installed KDE
(which I'm using temporarily), my laptop system would be unusable.

Does anybody know where G2 desktop font configuration information is kept? Or is
there a file or subdirectory I can blow away and have G2 automatically rebuild
from a default template (as in G1).

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights,
IL