Re: need apt help...getting error

I finally got another Red Hat 8 box running, so maybe I can answer
this...

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 11:34:24AM -0500, Gary wrote:
> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>   libgtk+1.2: Obsoletes: gtk+

It looks like you have some old compat package installed or something.
On this fresh (full) install I have here, there's only one gtk+
package:

    [root@dhcp36 root]# rpm -qa | grep gtk+
    gtk+-1.2.10-22
    gtk+-devel-1.2.10-22

It sounds like you also have a libgtk+1.2 package, although I can't
imagine where from.  Most likely, you just need to remove that package
manually with "rpm -e".