Re: NVIDIA... WAS: gcc version?

Give you an idea of how supportive they are??? Of
course, this immediately follows a real email address
for investor relations. For grins and tickles, try
sending a polite question to info@nvidia.com, let us
know if they even reply...

   8>
--Silent Leech

At 07:24 PM 10/7/02 -0500, you snarled:
> Well, this is precisely the problem everyone has
yelled at Nvidia
> about.  I would start with an email or a phone call
asking Nvidia when
> they're going to get off their arse and support your
hardware under this
> configuration.  Point out that RH is the *LARGEST*
linux vendor and that
> their inability to release drivers in a timely
manner that will correctly
> compile never the less not suck on Athlon hardware
(last I checked) are
> not doing anyone a favor.

> This is going to be a problem until Nvidia does
something to keep all
> parties happy.  Right now they're only keeping
themselves happy.  And lets
> face it, they don't have much to lose.

> Really, your hands are tied until Nvidia pull their
heads out of their
> arse.  Until then compile your kernel with an older
version of GCC or use

Fifarek wrote:
> > > 	Any thoughts/suggestions?
> >
> > Replace the NVidia crap with something from a
vendor that supports (or
> > at least doesn't agressively undermine) open
source software.

--
Believing I had supernatural powers, I slammed into a
brick wall.