Re: October "Meeting"

Quoting William Underwood <wllmundrwd@charter.net>:

> Hmmm... no Cards games scheduled as of yet, and no such thing as
> Thursday Night Football, so what did you have in mind?  Maybe we can get
> hold of a tape of Bill Gates' ".NET Vision" speech, and play it
> side-by-side with The Holy Grail, followed up by a vote on which one was
> funnier?

I definitely won't be there.  Unless someone does happen to bring a copy of The
Holy Grail.  That movie kicks ass!

> Yours, or ours?  Wired, or wireless?  I've been dying to try out my
> 802.11b card, which I've had for at least 6 months, with not a single
> test... :-(

Ours.  As in not yours.  You can bring yours if you want, but you'd most likely
have to sit next to a set of ports.  I can bring out an old hub wired for
10Mbit, but I doubt anyone will want that ;)

> > a scared little dog
> That's not really what your wife calls you, is it? :-)

I'll explain.  We have this neurotic little mutt named Maximus (Max for short),
and he's rather skittish around company or people whom he doesn't know;
therefore, HE is the scared little dog.

I didn't get the joke.  I don't think there was one.  There we go.

> > and the
> > fabled halfling (I suggest we duct tape him to his desk chair and hold a
> > lottery to see who gets to pluck his chest hair).
> So, I guess that would be a one-shot deal? ;->

Ey.  If you can figure out the half-life of Polonium and tell me what it
decomposes to, knock yourself out.  Keep in mind, though, that you'll have to
compete against a random number generator...

> Awww... Nate still plays with packing boxes and stuffed animals!  That
> is so-oooo-ooo cute!

Stop it, you!  Before I have morbid thoughts again...

I still play with boxes, yes, but not /those/ kinds of boxes.  Heh.  I'm
thinking you can figure out what I mean.

As for the stuffed animals, uhm, I don't know how the hell they got there.  Oh!
 Wait!  The dog!  Yes!  The dog likes to play with the monkeys and gorillas.
It's funny as hell when he does, too.

--
Nate Reindl, The Fabled Halfling.