Re: Hello

Quoting Chris Flanigan <chris@whosyourdaddy.biz>:

I would suggest checking where you send your mail to, BTW.  I'm assuming you
want it sent to the list...

> Horrid install process? :) Gentoo was/is smooth as a baby's butt. Sure you
> have to compile everything, but if you have a problem with that... why not
> just use RedHat. :) (NO, I am NOT an advocate of RedHat or Mandrake. Those
> distributions should die.)

Well, it's just really time consuming.  It isn't necessairly anything I'd
remotely call 'rapid deployment' unless you plan to mirror the install on
multiple machines with the same or similar hardware configurations.

RedHat shouldn't die.  They should learn not to follow Microsoft's path to
commercialization.  Mandrake too.

It just makes me sick to see that computing is becoming a battle for revenue.  I
can understand bandwidth or something similar being of concern, but the focus
being monetary value is just absurd.

> Do any of you code? At the moment, (Actually, I just got back from

I do.  Somewhat.  I haven't touched anything but shell or Perl in quite a while
though, so be weary of reaching anywhere else.

I don't know about the rest of the apes here.

--
Nate Reindl, The Fabled Halfling.