a bunch of stuff

OK, so now that I've wised up and installed apt, where do I point this
thing in sources.list besides for freshrpms. Is it
http://ftp.silug.org/pub/apt me thinks.

Second question. I know someone told me how to disable clipper but
damned if I can remember, anyone? Annoying bastard!

Third question, I'm trying to install transcode so I can use dvd::rip
but I keep getting errors when running make install;

nasm -o fdct_mmx.o  fdct_mmx.s
make[2]: nasm: Command not found
make[2]: *** [fdct_mmx.o] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/steve/downloads/Applications/transcode-0.6.0/ffmpeg/libavcodec'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/steve/downloads/Applications/transcode-0.6.0/ffmpeg'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

WTF?

Anybody install this thing before. Wanna do a little DVD ripping and
from what I've read this is the best and easiest way.

That will about do it for now I guess