Re: Bare Minimum RedHat Installs

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Nate Reindl wrote:

> Quoting mike808 <mike808@users.sourceforge.net>:
>
> > Then when you're in the package selection part of the install - de-select
> > EVERYTHING. Then only the bare OS will install.
>
> Hmm... just at that one part of the druid?  I don't have to go as far as to go
> into the individual package selection thing and tinker with crap in there?

Your networking will not be installed, so you might want to check
"networking utilities" or whatever it's called, and then see what the
dependencies are.

Lately I've been doing a variation of this and leaving in "networking" and
"classic X system" so that the installation sets up X for me. Still make
for a "small" system by today's standards.

Erich

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      email:erich(at)illinois.state.museum
                 http://illinois.state.museum/