Re: HTML vs. Plain Text E-Mail (was: RE: www.freeswan.org)

Title:
William,

Yes, I use open source.
Yes, I use HTML (with plain text).
No. I don't use Vi or EMACS or do text formatting. I use a WYSIWYG word processing program.

Yes, Im offended by your comment. Not for myself, but because its crap like that, that turns the average user away from participating in forums such as this and in turn away from the open source world. Instead of a smart-ass comment like that, you could have kindly provided some education and asked if the person who sent the post understood that not only dose HTML take up more bandwidth and storage but it may be hard for some to read that have an out of date email clients.

Of course I already knew all of this and I choose to use HTML multipart because I like the text formatting that it allows.

I hope that you will take this into consideration before you reply to a post in such a way again. We need to draw people in rather than run them off.

Tim

William Underwood wrote:
3D6D8F01.D859DE4F@charter.net">
Tim Coffey wrote: