Installing on Proliant

I'm unable to install RH 7.3 on a Compaq Proliant server.  I think the problem
is that the CD-ROM drive is a SCSI drive and RH isn't finding it (I suppose it
prefers IDE CD-ROM drives).

Any thoughts?  Is there some magic option I need to type during the boot (I had
to boot from a floppy made from "boot.img").

The symptom is that the stuff ("vmlinux", etc.) appears to load okay from the
floppy, but then it barfs rather quickly at the point where I think it should
finally be reading from the CD-ROM.

Thanks,
Charlie