Re: HTML editors

I don't use WYSIWYG editors, so my answer doesn't really apply, but
whenever I am working in X I use the nedit editor. It has mighty nice
simple features, and many additional macros and syntax highlighting
available from http://nedit.org/. I can't remember if it was in RedHat
prior to 7.3 as I always found it elsewhere. It requires openmotif or
equivalent.

eks

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Steven Pritchard wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 07:29:46PM -0500, Charlie Brune wrote:
> > Does anyone have a favorite WYSIWYG editor for web page design that I
> > could find in my Red Hat distribution?
>
> Oddly enough, I think Mozilla is my favorite so far.  It even has an
> option (that I highly recommend turning on) to use styles instead of
>
> The most promising one is definitely quanta, at least in theory.  In
> practice, it seems to suck.  Hopefully it will better in the next Red
> Hat release...
>
> OpenOffice is almost usable for HTML, and the HTML it generates isn't
> as mind-numbingly awful as what most word processors usually come up
> with, but it still is pretty bad.
>
> > (... vi doesn't count.  Neither does cat).  8-)
>
> (g)vim is actually rather nice for editing HTML, as long as you don't
> add code to it with something like Mason.  That makes the syntax
> highlighting get *really* weird.
>
> Steve

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      email:erich(at)illinois.state.museum
                 http://illinois.state.museum/