permissions and ownership question

Hello,

I am wanting all the files and directories created under one directory
to have the same permissions and ownership.  As it works right now
whenever I create a directory or file it creates it with 664 permissions
and jason:jason for user and group.  What I'm wanting is for all files
and directories, only in this directory, to be created with a
permissions mask of 644 and <user>:users for the user and group
permissions.  Is this possible?

Thanks,
Jason
--