Re: Text Manipulation (and solution)

Thank you to all.  Mik808's simplified approach is *EXACTLY* what I was looking for.

You know, the "problem so trivial, the solution is left to the student"
type of answer.

Thank you Mike808!  You don't know how thrilled I was to see that syntax!

Just for humour, here is the actual SED command I used:

The ability to break a string into substrings, or subelements, or whatever they are called,
by number of characters, and then manipulate the subelements is a wonderful thing.

Today we NAWKed, and it was beautiful!

Thanks again,

Tyler