Re: Google listing

You can look through you logs to see if the user agent:

Googlebot/2.1 (+http://www.googlebot.com/bot.html)

has visited your site. An example hostname is crawler10.googlebot.com,
although I image they have lotsa them. Oh yeah, I see that three of the
top 30 hosts visiting our site during this month are googlebot crawlers.

If you find evidence of visits, then your site just isn't being rated very
high in the search. Try adding meta tag keywords for the subjects you
really want people to identify with your site, and that may help once the
spidering is done.

eks

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Brune, Charlie wrote:

> Actually, it's been a couple of months and nothing ever happened.  8-(
>
> Charlie

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      email:erich(at)illinois.state.museum
                 http://illinois.state.museum/