Re: thanks for attending the session

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, William Underwood wrote:

> Overall, quite enjoyable.  Would really appreciate it if that beautiful,
> but less than transparent, monitor were moved off the table.  I completely
> understand the purpose of it, but it really inhibited me from hearing a
> good quarter of what you and Steve said.  I have a slight problem with
> background noise, and need to see the speakers mouth sometimes.

That beautiful monitor is for sale :-) I agree I hadn't expected it to
consume so much space. I swear the box is smaller than that thing.

As I too have issues with background noise and read lips (which I
demonostrated at that session by not fully catching a conversation
regarding a member's peanut allergy) so I can agree with your request.
I'd like to get a projector and portable screen. There are tasks that just
need to be demonstrated, and a chalk-board or handouts don't cut it.

I can use one of the LUG member's projectors, but I don't have a screen
(or a wall that will do it justice. Anyone have one available?

> class, with the understanding that the student shouldn't format the
> harddrive for windows after each class (I know of at least one person who
> fully intended to re-install Windows today.)

For much of the rest of the class, while I'd prefer an actual Linux system
handy, we can make due with an SSH client to another system, maybe one of
the virtual servers on the UML box. I guess I didn't make it clear, as I
had suggested VMware for Windows users who didn't want to ruin their
windows install for 12 weeks.

 > I volunteered to bring snacks next weekend, and stand behind my offer
 (At least partially because I want Pepsi.).  Do you have any suggestions?
 Just
> more of the same stuff?

Whatever you like and want to share. (except peanuts!) My only request is
for items that have lids so that we don't have to worry about spilling on
the laptops and items that don't require utensils or bowls, etc. It's just
easier that way.

Director of Exam Development            http://www.lpi.org/