Fwd: Benchmarking LTSP for K-12 environment (fwd)

I think Kara meant to send this here...

----- Forwarded message from Kara Pritchard <kara@luci.org> -----

Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 20:22:22 -0500 (CDT)
From: Kara Pritchard <kara@luci.org>
To: luci-discuss@luci.org
Subject: Fwd: Benchmarking LTSP for K-12 environment (fwd)

Looks like here's someone of interest to you K-12 guys.

Subject: Benchmarking LTSP for K-12 environment
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 19:31:22 -0500
From: "Huxtable, Brian R." <HuxtableB@msx.umsl.edu>
To: "'linux@sluug.org'" <linux@sluug.org>

Saint Louis LUG,

Allow me to introduce myself.  I'm an associate at the E. Desmond Lee
Technology and Learning Center, part of the University of Missouri's Saint
Louis College of Education.  I was wondering if you could point me in the
direction of any resources, white papers, or the like that would be useful
in benchmarking LTSP's performance in K-12 environments.  We are preparing
to put LTSP through several trials so as to communicate its value to K-12
technology coordinators throughout the community.  Toward this purpose, we
would like to engage your resources and continued assistance.   This is to
be the first of what is to be a larger Open Source initiative designed to
elaborate the advantages and demands of Open Source solutions for K-12
institutions.  Please call or reply to me at your convenience.  Your
assistance will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you and I hope to speak
 with you soon.

Brian Huxtable
E. Desmond Lee Technology and Learning Center
UMSL College of Education
8001 Natural Bridge Road
Marillac Hall Suite 100
314.516.4800