I got a big disk

I can't get RH 7.3 or MDK 8.2 to load onto my new 100GB WD disk.
I'm doing a clean system build, so there is no pre-existing system.

I've got an Asus K7M mobo (a 2yo Athlon 650) with the lastest 1032b2 BIOS
flashed. 1009 didn't even recognize the full drive size. At least now it
sees 100.0GB.

Here's what WD says about the CHS layout:
 C: 193821, H: 16, S: 63

Here's what the BIOS reports on the screen:
 C: 47885, H: 16, S: 255

And, lastly, what Linux sees:
 C: 12161, H: 255, S: 63

On both distros, I can partition it just fine. I can format the partitions.
But, when it goes to install GRUB or LILO, both distros barf and the install
dies there.

I've tried using "hda=47885,16,255" on boot, and for the GRUB/LILO boot
parameters. Still no dice. And Disk Druid still sees the 12161/255/63 setup,
no matter what I put on the boot line.

I've read the "Large Disk HOW-TO", but still can't get this !@#$(&% to load.

Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope...

I'm ready to try SuSE - anyone think it will help?

Mike808/
--
() Join the ASCII ribbon campaign against HTML email and Microsoft-specific
/\ attachments. If I wanted to read HTML, I would have visited your website!