Re: FW: (more) RH 7.3

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 11:38:01AM -0500, Brune, Charlie wrote:
> Does anyone have thoughts on my original email.  Does anyone else miss
> LinuxConf?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Linuxconf is an abomination.  Good riddance, as far as I'm concerned.

> -- Where the heck did linuxconf go? It's no longer in the
> distribution. I had to install it from the 7.2 CD's because I have to
> specify the "3c502" module to get my really old Ethernet card to work.
> Is there a way to do that in 7.3 that doesn't involve my having to
> edit files directly? (i.e., another config program?)

netconfig should work.  redhat-config-network might, but I haven't
looked at it, so I can't be sure.

Is that an ISA card?  If so, you know I've got some PCI NICs
(RTL8139s) here for $7.50 each.  You wouldn't have those problems
anymore with one of those.  ;-)