Re: RHCE Plan

<shameless plug>

Have you checked out www.rhce2b.com yet?  You should.

I would like to do a study session thing this summer.  The only problem is finding the time.  I am always so busy. But, it would be fun.

In terms of the RHCE exam, ofcourse we can't tell you what is on the exam.  I can, however, talk about what they covered in the RH 300 class.  I'd really recommend getting some books to study for the RHCE.  Get Kara's book.  Hey, you can probably even get it autographed... :)  You'll find descriptions of all the books that are availiable for the RHCE exam on http://www.rhce2b.com .  That page has books relevant to the RHCE exam on it.  I also recently made a page with some good books for beginners (including the LPI in a Nutshell book) at http://www.rhce2b.com/beginninglinux.shtml  .

One thing that is interesting about the books.  I was very curious about the debugging portion of the exam because so little information existed about it.  But, by looking at the books that were availiable, I got some hints as to what to expect.  But, without the RH 300 class, I know I would have missed something on the the debugging exam.

As far as the installation and configuration section, well, know how to configure all the network services (FTP, Apache, Bind, DHCP, NFS, Samba, POP3, IMAP, etc.) There's some good info at : http://www.rhce2b.com/clublinux/RHCE.shtml

Also, for Samba, there is some stuff at 				http://www.rhce2b.com/samba.shtml
For Kernel Recompilation, there is some information here: 	http://www.rhce2b.com/kernel.shtml
For DHCP there is some information here:  			http://www.rhce2b.com/dhcp.shtml
For NTP there is some information here:  				http://www.rhce2b.com/ntp.shtml