Re: VI Tricks

(In reference to Kara's /foo comment)

If you're just wanting to find a command you typed a long time ago you could use ctrl+R at any bash
prompt. Some other neat console 'tricks' are alt+. (try hitting it multiple times also) alt+right arrow
and left arrow,  and shift pageup/pagedown.  Give them a try :)

--Jamon Terrell

4/16/2002 12:11:16 PM, Kara Pritchard <kara@luci.org> wrote:

>On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, James L. Burke wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 09:48:07AM -0500, Flood Randy Capt AFCA/TCAA wrote:
>> >
>> > It's been my experience that vi rocks and that everyone that uses it seems to know at least one
trick that I do not know that is really useful and cool.  So, if you use vi, please share some useful
commands that I might not know.