Re: rant list

yah, tighe beat me to it... your most useful utility when a box is compromised is lsof, but you do need
to make sure it's not backdoored.  However, I've found in most cases when a box is compromised, it's
almost always easier to just re-install it if you aren't interested in tracking down who did it.

--Jamon Terrell