VI Tricks

It's been my experience that vi rocks and that everyone that uses it seems to know at least one trick that I do not know that is really useful and cool.  So, if you use vi, please share some useful commands that I might not know.

For example, when commmenting out lines of code, the "." command rocks.  Just put a "#" on the first line you want to comment, hit escape, move down, and type "." and it will repeat the last thing you did (which in this case was to insert a "# ".  I love the "." command and I use it all the time.

Randy