Re: File archiving questions

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 10:32:12AM -0500 or thereabouts, Charlie wrote:

>   2. Copy about 650MB from "a" to "b".
>   3. Create a .iso file by typing:
>      mkisofs -o fred.iso -v -J -r b/
>   4. Burn a cd by typing:
>      cdrecord -v -eject dev=0,0,0 speed=12 fred.iso
>   5. rm fred.iso
>   6. rm -f b/*
>   7. If there are still files left in "a", go to step #1.
>
> Easy, huh?  My problem is in step #2, above.  What's an easy way to copy
> files from "a" to "b" and have the command STOP after 650MB have been
> transferred?  I've been doing it manually, and that's NOT fun!

Charlie,
An easy way that I found is to use Xcdroast.  This gives you a GUI
interface, and you can list files that you want burned. It will show you
how much you have left in terms of bytes for a CD. This will eliminate
you having to copy files... Works very similar to Winders CD copy
programs..

--
Best regards,
Gary