Re: Strange httpd/access_log entry

Well, I dunno the answer, but me thinks it is failing, and then just
displaying your local hard drive instead of an error messsage...

>Why is that. It is not illegal to nmap a strange host, in stealth mode
>or open..
Perhaps not illegal, but read section 2 of the AUP for mcleodusa:
http://www.mcleodusa.com/html/accept.php3
"2. Access to Other Networks. Any time you access another network through
the McLeodUSA Service, you must comply with that network's rules and
policies. "
So, did you ask PacBell if it's okay to portscan systems on their network?

Even if it's not illegal, it still isn't a good idea, IMO.

>--
>Best regards,
>Gary

William