Slashdot Archives

Yeah, yeah.  I was bored.  And, being the network freak that I am, got a
kick out of this:

A post on slashdot, 11/26/99

"What bedtime story would you like today,
little Amy? Another chapter of The Phantom
Tollbooth, or net/ipv4/tcp_ipv4.c?"
"So the packet went back to the firewall, knocked on the
door, and said 'Mr. firewall, I have a SYN bit now, may I come in?'

'What port do you want?' said the firewall.

'Port 23' said the packet.

'Get lost!' said the firewall again, and once again
booted him all the way back to the source host with an
ICMP reject in his ear.

Well! The poor little packet was very upset..."