Re: rpm auto get dependencies?

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 05:13:32PM -0600, Casey Boone wrote:
> is there any way to make rpm automatically download and install
> dependancies?

apt-get install

See

  http://www.silug.org/lists/silug-discuss/200201/msg00052.html

for more information.

> im trying to install the vsftpd rpm from the rh7.3 skipjack beta onto redhat
> 7.1

I would suggest grabbing the latest apt source rpm from

  http://enigma.freshrpms.net/pub/apt/

and "rpm --rebuild" it on your system.  Then just add the following to
your /etc/apt/sources.list:

  rpm http://ftp.silug.org/pub/apt redhat/skipjack/en/$(ARCH)/redhat os

Then "apt-get update && apt-get install vsftpd".

I should note that the apt repository is currently re-indexing the
updated skipjack beta, so that might not work until closer to noon
today.

Which reminds me...  The ISOs for the updated beta should be
available now on ftp.silug.org.