Re: Announcing a beta release of Red Hat Linux: Skipjack (fwd)

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 09:18:31AM -0600, Casey Boone wrote:
> ive done 4 installs on 2 different machines.  if i select that i want to
> pick the packages myself after picking a workstation install, at some point
> during the file copy the installer terminates abnormally and im presented
> with a message that i can now safely reboot my computer.

A lot of times that's a bad CD or a flaky CD-ROM.

> anyone heard of installation problems like this for this release?

I haven't heard much one way or the other...  I did a text custom
install on one system.  That went fine, but it was a rather minimal
install (for a firewall).

Apparently there will be another release of this beta at the end of
the week.