Linux accounting software

In the midst of shear boredom at 4:25am, I decided to look around for bookeeping/accounting software for the Linux platform because one of the most evangelical of Linux evangelists that I know is running vmware just so they can use Quicken (and besides I hate Intuit, bad experience with TurboTax).

I played around this Website for awhile and ran through a couple of the demos. It looks like a winner to me but then what do I know. I don't use this kind of application on a daily basis. Requires Postgresql, and it's written in Perl, ahem!!!!

http://www.sql-ledger.com/

Have you ever seen or used this? Maybe we could use a review of financial applications in the future. I know of one that absolutely is a total kludge. Appgen Moneydance. Pure hell to install, configure or use!

Steve