Re: Dial in solution need advice

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 06:27:10PM -0600, Jason Smith wrote:
> I'm just wondering if I've left anything out, which I probably have and
> if anyone had recommendations about what kind of modem card to use and
> which software packages would work best and any other advice you might
> have.

I had good luck some number of years ago (at least four now) with a
crappy old ISA Digiboard, some external USR Couriers, and a default
configuration of mgetty on Red Hat (4.2 at the time, I think).  It is
*totally* painless.

If you want to support 56k dial-in, you need some specialized
equipment (ISDN PRI card + DSP, Spellcaster used to sell one), but
other than that it should be just as simple.