metrotix, tues morning thoughts

i tried to get on metrotix yesterday to get robin Williams tickets, well
at ten when they went on sale all I could get was http 1.1 server busy
error, at about 11:30 I was finally able to get through but then it
wouldn't take any credit card (tried three) or debit card, did a
netcraft search on them and I found out the use nt4 with iis, no wonder,
so I called the tech support number and the woman said that every time
they have a major act where ticket sales are up the server just goes to
pieces, I realize they were probably being flogged with data but still I
think linux w/apache could handle this type of load better, someone
really needs to show them the real benefit and power of linux, now the
thought had crossed my mind that iis was checking my browser information
and saw I was running mozilla on linux (your not getting tickets if your
not using ms), just a couple of thoughts for the beginning of the week

Bob T. Kat

 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more
expected..."