Re: up2date versus apt-get

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 10:18:26AM -0600, Flood Randy Capt AFCA/TCAA wrote:
> I also know that this can probably be done with apt.  What would need to
> be setup in this scenario? Just an  ftp server?

That or a HTTP server.  Or you can use CDs.  That's one of the nice
things about apt...  It is quite flexible.

Unfortunately, setting up an apt repository is not exactly trivial,
but it isn't too difficult.  It has to be easier than convincing
up2date to hit one of your servers though.

If you want to try setting up a server, I can send you the script I'm
using...