Re: RG-1000 sale

I finally heard back from Charles. The price has changed to $75.
That's still a bargain, considering that the closest Pricewatch came on
an RG-1000 was $159. The cheapest I've seen the Orinoco Silver cards by
themselves is $71, so his price isn't bad with the extra AP stuff.
The cheapest I've seen the Gold cards is $88. I guess you could switch
the cards in the unit for greater range?

He said in an earlier reply that he was oversubscribed at the $59 price and
they were gone. I guess it's like airline pricing in the parts business now.

I'm still interested in two, maybe four. Anyone else want to go in and
combine our purchases? It might increase 1) our chance at getting them,
and 2) our chance at getting them delivered.

BTW, the RG-1000 is Lucent Part #848546388, a residential gateway and
Access Point, 802.11b & Wi-Fi Protocols 550 meters distance,
30 points possible, RJ45 (10) and RJ11 (56K).

Michael.

Charles Chia Sheng Wu <cwu@cwlab.com> wrote:
> have them ready to ship...price is $75 each

Mike808/
--
perl -le "$_='7284254074:0930970:H4012816';tr[0->][ BOPEN!SMUT];print"