What good is a cert?

We ran this one into the ground the last time. I want to learn. If it leads to certification fine. If not se la vie.

It could be an avenue to a raise, yes.

It could mean that you get hired over a similarly experienced person, yes.

It could be added to a business card after your name, yes.

It could be used to cover a hole in the wall, yes.

It could be a way of validating the LPI track, yes.

It could.

It’s a way to learn and gain experience. If you are certified and/or have experience attend the gatherings and SHARE! It could lead to a part time job teaching at the local Junior College for Saturday night beer money.

Cheeks in palms, shaking head to and fro!

I’m a aircraft mechanic, I have not considered the monetary value of certification. I agree with Tighe, as does Nate, users are evil! I am my own user, kinda like being my own boss. If I can help spread the Gospel of Open Source and Linux by actually knowing what I’m talking about, then I have accomplished my goal.

Steps down from the soapbox!

Steve

I have no idea which email address these messages are being sent from. I’ve got things all screwed up here. Jeez!