Re: How destructive is upgrade?

"Flood Randy Capt AFCA/TCAA" <randy.flood@scott.af.mil> wrote:

> I thought your goal was to do this at the least risk of causing
> problems...
>
> I'm sure that it can be done.  However, you are going to have to
> carefully consider your layout of partitions.  For example, Red Hat's
> /etc/fstab uses labels now to determine the correct partition.  I
> don't
> know how SUSE works.  If SUSE's installer decides to label it's
> partitions you could have some problems...

I have 3 distros, plus winders on 2 HD.  SuSE will automatically pick up
existing partitions just fine.  All 3 distros I have, utilize the same
swap without problems. In SuSE, just set the swap (upon installing it)
to the existing swap space. I would not share other partitions (other
then FAT32) with each distro.

Gary