posting to the list

OK, I think I need to clear something up...

I made a change to the silug-discuss list settings yesterday to send
the following message when anyone tries to post who isn't subscribed
to the list:

    Only subscribers are allowed to post.  If you are a subscriber,
    you are posting from an address that majordomo doesn't recognize.
    Send 'help alias' to majordomo to fix this problem.
    Non-subscriber posts will be reviewed by the moderators and will
    be posted if they are on-topic.

Note that this is not a new thing...  I just added the message.  We
decided to make this change some time ago to stop spam from being
posted to the list.  (And it does stop a lot of spam.)

If you post from an address other than the address that is subscribed
to the list, you'll get that message.  Unless it bothers you, you
don't actually have to do anything.  I get those messages, and I let
them through if I recognize who they are from.  (I'll even let
messages from non-subscribers through if they are on-topic.)  Also, if
I get tired of approving messages for you, I'll eventually get around
to adding the alias myself.  ;-)

If you *want* to, you can set up an alias for your other address(es)
with majordomo's "alias" command, which is why I mention that in the
message above.

Note that majordomo will also let you do spiffy things like change the
address you are subscribed with (so you don't have to unsubscribe and
resubscribe), let you set digest-only delivery or even suspend
delivery entirely (for when you go on vacation or just want to read
posts from the web site), and a bunch of other stuff.  Send "help" to
majordomo@silug.org to learn more, or you can try the web interface,
which seems to have improved greatly recently:

    http://www.silug.org/cgi-bin/majordomo/mj_wwwusr

Oh, and sorry for letting the duplicate post through.  Sometimes they
get by me...