Re: Monthly Meeting

I feel somewhat dismayed that there is a rift in the group. In the immortal
words of Rodney King, "Can't we just all get along?" And now for my 2 cents
worth.

I took a class at SWIC a couple of terms ago called "Unix using Linux".
There was strong interest in the class in the SILUG meetings. I invited
everyone to attend and indeed 3 people from my class showed up, including
the instructor. The door was locked and never opened. James was kind enough
to attempt to plug in the box he had into a recepticle in the hallway for
his presentation on diskless workstations. I have never seen those 3 since.
While the accomodations at SRA were quite nice, the group had outgrown that
venue. While the library might be a little spartan it is free, available and
always accessable even after the library is officially closed. It is the
better choice, IMHO.

As long as you don't expect me to Moo or baa or whatever, I'll be a member
of "THE HERD" (if I can manage to pry my eyes open and get there). I have
errands to run this morning and I think stopping by the library to reserve
the room for next year is among them. I may wait until just prior to
tonights' meeting though.

As a side note and a question to Kara specifically, can we consider a cert.
sig again? You have alot of unused floor space if I read correctly earlier
and a mini you to keep track of, correct? It may be a good way to conduct a
little research too, if there is enough interest.

See you at the library tonight. I recall seeing a projector in the upstairs
room when we were in there. Would that fit into a diaper bag long enough to
get it downstairs? :P

Steve
General all around nuisance!