Re: Monthly Meeting

Ok.

I missed something here.  Unfortunately, I have class tonight, so I
won't be at the meeting.

This e-mail is not a flame in any way shape or form.  Everyone take a
deep breath before continuing.

I am confused at Larry's comments that the group is "turning into
something it was never [meant] to be."  What is the LUG meant to be?
Mabey, we can reflect a moment on that.

I see the LUG as a place to get together with other people who are
interested in Linux and learn as well as share information.  Going along
with that, I suppose it is a group that may also promote Linux.

As long as the group is doing those things, more or less, then all is
well, as far as I am concerned.  But, I didn't form the group.  So, I
really don't know what the founders of the group had in mind.  Is the
idea of being part of a larger organization (Silug) the issue?  Is the
issue the degree of formaliaztion of the group (ranging from meeting in
a bar and playing Linux drinking games all the way up to having a
charter, mission statement, and a lot of official sounding titles.)

As far as where the meetings are held... Well, SRA had its pros and
cons.  The main problem was getting in the building if you were late.
Also, when we did have big meetings, the room was too full.

The library is a fine place to have the meeting.  I agree that a
projector would really help matters out a lot.  Also, they seem a bit
flaky about remembering that we scheduled the room and not scheduling
something else in there during our meeting.

Is there something else going on here that I missed?  It seems like
there are some people that are really unhappy about the way things are
going.  Mabey there's nothing that can be done about that.  But, on the
other hand, mabey there is.  In any case, I'd like someoen to tell me
what the deal is because I really feel I missed something.

Thanks,

Randy