@home

Hello all,

I've been "automagically" converted from @Home to Charter and I now need to
reconfigure my Firewall to get my network information via DHCP.  With @Home I
had static information (very handy).  Last time I had to do this was a while
back and I used "pump" to pull my IP address.  What is the current DHCP
client I should use to pull my IP address and other network information?  Any
hints will be much appreciated.

Also, does anyone on the list use charter with a Linux firewall to pull the
network information.  My question is how long you retain your IP address.  I
use ssh to connect from home to work and I've always told our firewall to
refuse any ssh connection except from my home IP.  I suppose I'll simply
change this to allow connection from a class of IP addresses ...

Thanks,

jburke