Re: using a linux box in place of a novell server...

You can load NDS on Linux.  I did that once.  I got the
impression it was more for use as an LDAP server than as
the Netware Administration tool most Novell users are used
to.  That is, the association of the user to a home
directory (and other resources) was not readily obvious (to
me).

There is also a Novell emulator.  I believe it emulates NW
4.1.  I started to load it but it requires (required?) the
DOS emulator to be loaded first (yuk!).

Caldera has the best client utils.  I used to login to
Netware 4.x servers and mount my Novell home in my Linux
file system.  That worked pretty good.  Printing was pretty
nicely handled, too.