Re: linux.com (probably OT, was Re: SourceForge drifting (?))

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Sean /The RIMBoy/ wrote:

> That is how a few others and myself recounted it, Unfortunately trying to
> search for the exact details on the bill of sale for linux.com is like
> trying to find the veritable needle in a haystack.

Here are a few links with interesting statements regarding intent for
Linux.com.

http://www.wired.com/news/linux/0,1411,18215,00.html
http://www.valinux.com/about/pr/030199.php
http://news.cnet.com/news/0,10000,0-1003-200-342591,00.html
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:q95t99AQYVc:www.linux.com/about/+va+about+linux.com&hl=en

ph33r my google sk1llz

> I'll agree that there were some problems.  I think within the last year
> those issues were resolved and moreso, within the last 6 months the
> quality and quantity of site improved quite a bit (also, a massive site
> redesign which that IMO really kicked arse).  Just when the ball was
> rolling they pulled the rug out.  And to think, I wrote a glowing article
> about the guy behind our screwing.

I think it's sad to see all of Gareth's work disappear :-( I know I hate
it when something I've invested years worth of time just goes away without
a trace :-(

Director of Exam Development            http://www.lpi.org/