linux.com (probably OT, was Re: SourceForge drifting (?))

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 01:56:05AM -0600, Mike808 wrote:
> Sean /The RIMBoy/ wrote:
> > I've got two other bylines, however, those links are now 404 since VA
> > decided *not* to hold up their end of the deal and screw over the
> > community with the community run Linux.com.
>
> Huh? So you're a victim of Link Rot. Join the club. I don't know anything
> about any "deal" with Linux.com, and this is the first you mention it.

The whole point of VA buying linux.com was to set up a
community-oriented site.  Of course, then they made some extremely
poor choices hiring managers for the site and let it turn into a
complete joke while bleeding money before finally just making it
another (theoretically) for-profit Andover^WOSDN site.

I suppose all of that is their (bad) decision to make, but you'll have
to excuse a little distrust and dislike from those of us who were
volunteers.