Re: sendmail

> Good for you!  Isn't it a great feeling?!?!

im exstatic(sp?) :)

i have to admit that i had extensive help from a guy named Mike at CityScape
in springfield, so its not completely my doing, but i helped (and typed all
the commands :)

> What email handler (sendmail? postfix?) did you end up using?

went with the default install of sendmail on redhat
the guy at cityscape helped me set it up properly (there are a couple of
issues he had with the normal default install)

the only real thing i did on my own was set up the allow file (heh, i
cheated and wrote a quick little c program to generate a list of ip's to
allow relay)

oh i also set up the dns db.* files and named.conf on my own, with the help
of oreilly's dns and bind book and i managed to get sshd to only allow
logins from specific people (i knew it could be done, but it took me a while
to find the config file, i wasnt looking in the right place)

incedentally, can anyone tell me why there is a bin, sbin, and etc folder
within each of /, /usr, and /usr/local ?

wouldnt 1 location make things much easier? this is the first real linux
administration ive done and it sure made things more of a run around :\

Casey