Re: Neat IBM advertisement

> OBTW. I'm extreeeeeemely busy right about now, (just ask Nate) and probably
> won't have time to put anything together for August (neither place nor
> topic(s)). Anybody?

Well, our baby is due 2 days prior to the meeting, so we can't do it.

However, I propose an informal meeting at Border's Bookstore. For the
topic, have members review book topics in the computer section, and make
suggestions on topics for upcoming meetings, or for content to develop a
scheduled plan for presentation or for learning/training at the meetings
(like was (supposed to?) be done for the certification learning track).

So, goal for the evening, 1) build a book title recommendation list for
new members to get started either learning Linux, or learning a new skill
(e.g. routing, networking, SQL or something). 2) Review titles for
possible foundation to build a training or tutorial program track for
regular meetings. 3) Review titles for areas of interest for topics to be
presented at upcoming meetings. 4) Attack other individuals you don't
recognize reading Unix or other titles in the computer book section and
discuss Linux and our Users Group to them to try and attract new members.
5) Buy some coffee or maybe even a book, or whatever you need to do to
enjoy yourself. Just don't let me hear about anyone spending too much time
in the "health and fitness" magazine section....

In the end, I'll build a 'recommended reading' title list on Linux (and
Open Source) topics to give to the lady we know at Border's to post (or
have on hand) for the computer book section. It will be good advertisement
for the LUG. They have inquired twice now on having the LUG do something
there at the store... Perhaps we can use that list to help build a library
stash at the new meeting location too.

Author, RHCE Exam Cram
Director of Exam Development            http://www.lpi.org/
Site Manager                            http://www.LinuxUsersGroups.org/