Re: SILUG Presentation

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, James L. Burke wrote:

> The most frequent comment/question I get from other business owners is "yeah
> Jim, that's fine for you ... your a computer geek, and if you can't fix it
> you've got your brother to help you ... but who's gonna support this stuff
> for our office?"  If that question is ask, I'd like to point to several of
> you and say ... "that's their business, and there very good at what they do
> ... take your pick"

Bing Bing Bing!

	One of the questions I had during my "Overview of Linux" at the
ITEC convention was "What is the consulting market like in Nashville", the
point being, who can I call when I have problems?  I stuttered for a
second.  Most of the people working our booth were consultants, and a lot
of other people in NLUG consult.  Well I said, 2 of the guys standing
right there consult, also all of our sponsors for the booth consult, and
all are making a living doing it.  In short, it appears to be quite
good.  :)

Cards were exchanged aplenty.  I would not force cards upon people.  Setup
a display where the consultants can place their cards.  Likewise, if asked
hand them out.

Then again, we all know that.

To be quite honest, aside from ISP's and the like, what is the linux
market currently like in the Belleville area?

Sean...

--
All guest processes evacuated and no further guests allowed in
	--Mosix kernel message