Burning CD's

I am now the proud owner of a CD burner.  Life is good.

Anyway... the Windows program that come with it, EZ CD Creator 4, is great.
However, I'd like to be able to burn CD's from Linux.  I run RH 7.1.

I'm guessing that I need to use the "cdrecord" program.  Can anyone suggest a
happy combination of switches (the man page lists about a zillion of them) to
burn CD's effectively???   Examples are greatly appreciated.

Tired of making N'Sync CD's,
Charlie