S.U.S.E apache ssl question

My, I'm full of questions today,

  I have just done an install of SUSE 7.1 and am working on getting an SSL
version of apache running. On this machine I'm using the stock SUSE apache
install, with the mod_ssl rpm installed. When doing a restart using the
/etc/rc.d/apache script it reports that it is including the SSL modual, as
well as PHP4, mod_perl and others, but if i try going to
https://localhost/ it gets refused.

  Can anyone familiar with SUSE point me to a SUSE-specific howto on this?
I haven't been able to find one.

eks

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      email: erich (at) museum.state.il.us
http://www.museum.state.il.us/