FYI: 5th Annual Linux Showcase and Conference: Call for Papers (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 12:11:52 -0700
From: USENIX Marketing <mktgadmin@usenix.org>
To: info@silug.org
Subject: 5th Annual Linux Showcase and Conference: Call for Papers

Attn: Southern Illinois Linux Users Group

Greetings! To follow is an announcement about an upcoming USENIX
conference, the 5th Annual Linux Showcase & Conference (ALS 2001)

We hope it will be useful information to share.  Please feel free to
contact me with any questions.

Best Regards,
Tiffany Peoples
USENIX Association
2560 - 9th St. Suite 215
Berkeley, CA 94710
510.528.8649, ext.31
http://www.usenix.org
***********************

SUBJECT: 5th Annual Linux Showcase & Conference: Call for Papers

5th Annual Linux Showcase & Conference (ALS 2001)
November 6-10, 2001
Oakland, CA USA
http://www.linuxshowcase.org

Sponsored by USENIX and the Atlanta Linux Showcase, Inc., in
cooperation with Linux International

Now in its fifth year, the Annual Linux Showcase & Conference
http://www.linuxshowcase.org continues its remarkable development as
the premier technical Linux conference, attracting  talks by experts
on everything from kernel internals to Internet services, panels
discussing the state of the Kernel, Linux in the real world, xfree86,
and more.

And this year, ALS breaks with tradition by moving out of Atlanta to
the SF Bay Area!

The ALS 2001 Program Committee invites you to contribute your ideas,
proposals, and papers for tutorials, invited talks, refereed
technical papers, and work-in-progress reports. We welcome
submissions that address any and all issues relating to Linux and the
Open Source world.

The Call for Papers with submission guidelines and suggested topics
is now available at http://www.linuxshowcase.org

Submissions are due June 5, 2001

The first XFree86 Technical Conference will run concurrently with ALS
on November 7 & 8. If you are a developer building applications and
systems using XFree86, plan to submit a paper or attend this event.
For more information check: http://www.usenix.org/events/xfree86/

Please join us and participate in the premier technical conference
for Linux enthusiasts and professionals! We look forward to seeing
you in Oakland in November 2001!