Re: cd writer help

Steve Reindl quoteth:
"At present I am running RH7.0 on an AMD K6-2 with an HP-7200i CD-RW as
/dev/hdd. I have not compiled SCSI emulation into the kernel and I am not
sure that I have to. The cdrecord readme say that it supports ATAPI in my
kernel version. Since I'd like to get away from downloading and burning the
iso images on my Winblows box I need some step by step help getting cdrecord
to talk to the burner so I can burn from my Linux box"

If you search on Freshmeat a few times, you'll see quite a few other CD
Recorder apps that may or may not be better than cdrecord. I personally
recommend gnome-toaster, but that's just me. =)

"As of this time I only have cdrecord installed and have configured nothing.
I can read cd's from this drive."

That's a very good sign.

"One more question. Why does NS 4.74 crash and close out when I attempt to
send mail? Very aggrevating! I can receive mail but not send,
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! "

Strange... I used to be able to send mail from that box. Well, Ximian has an
Outlook clone in development that you'll be very pleased to see, and for
those of you who haven't heard of it yet, the name of it is Evolution. If I
remember correctly, the current preview version is 0.9.
----
Nate Reindl
ram44@home.com